The Best Services Offered by Assisted Living FacilitiesAssisted Living | August 7, 2014
Today’s assisted living facilities are a far cry from the institutionalized “nursing home” images of the past. Modern assisted living facilities have expanded their amenities and offer a large range of standard services, from housekeeping and laundry to hair salons and social activities.
Research has shown that seniors thrive in attractive, non-institutional and less restrictive environments. Assisted living facilities today strive to ensure that seniors are happy and healthy, maintaining a high level of independence but have assistance with activities of daily living available when necessary.
At American Senior Communities, our assisted living apartments offer services tailored to the needs of each individual resident.
Assisted Living Services
- Emergency Call Systems: Residents have access to staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week for medical emergencies as well as assistance with daily activities.
- Meals and Housekeeping: American Senior Communities has unique, restaurant-style dining rooms where residents can enjoy meals with friends and neighbors. Three nutritionally-balanced meals are provided every day. Residents also have no need to worry about general housekeeping duties or laundry.
- Exercise and Wellness Programs: Many assisted living facilities recognize the importance of physical activity for seniors, and help them embrace a healthy and active lifestyle. American Senior Communities offers the New Energy Wellness program designed to improve your current fitness level through exercises to build balance, vigor and your ability in everyday life.
- Social Activities: A variety of social programs designed to meet residents’ interests are provided at today’s assisted living facilities. A calendar of social events ensures residents are maintaining an active social life, as staying social is vital to quality of life for seniors. Everything from movie nights to book clubs and card games will be offered to keep residents engaged socially.
- Transportation: Some assisted living facilities allow residents to keep their cars on site, but for those who are ready to turn in their keys and enjoy being chauffeured, transportation services are available. Seniors will have transportation for shopping excursions or doctor’s appointments, as well as scheduled outings each month.
- Security: Most facilities have controlled entry into buildings, as well as a 24-hour emergency response system. A secure building allows for the caregivers’ peace of mind, knowing that their loved one is being monitored and protected from wandering or emergencies.
- Medication Management: Today’s assisted living facilities help keep track of medications and maintain the health records of the residents. You can be certain you will not miss a medication or take more than you need, as well as have access to health care providers and services.
- Memory Care: According to research, one third of residents in assisted living have a form of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Many assisted living facilities now offer special memory care wings. At American Senior Communities, the Auguste’s Cottage Memory Care Center specializes in the social model philosophy of care, focusing on maintaining a secure, home-like environment for residents.
For more information about American Senior Communities, please visit www.ASCSeniorCare.com.