The Ventilator Care program at American Senior Communities offers a comprehensive approach to caring for individuals who require specialized equipment that pumps oxygen into the lungs. Ventilators help a resident breath and ensure the appropriate amount of oxygen is supplied to the blood stream. Our highly skilled and specialty trained interdisciplinary teams include a Respiratory Therapist, Pulmonologist, RNs and other skilled and compassionate caregivers.
Under the direction of a Pulmonologist, we customize goals to wean patients off the ventilator, whenever possible. However, each resident is treated individually with a very specific care plan to treat the whole person. Our holistic approach is designed to improve comfort, safety, strength, endurance, participation in daily activities and overall quality of life. Some of the components of the program include:
- Respiratory therapy 24-hours a day.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified staff.
- Local Pulmonologist available for additional care and consultation.
- Speech, occupational and physical therapy availability to optimize functional recovery.
- Systems in place to alert when oxygen levels are not optimal.