The most valuable resource a service organization of any type can have is its people. For health care businesses and senior living communities, their employees are more important than ever. Finding and retaining team members who genuinely care about those they serve is the key to success.
In senior living communities, organizations with employees who are happy and engaged with residents usually have lower staff turnover. As a result, team members get to know residents and their families more deeply. It leads to greater continuity of care and higher resident satisfaction.
Core Values at American Senior Communities
Positive, healthy relationships play a pivotal role in supporting the mental, physical and emotional well-being of our residents. At ASC, we are proud to create an environment where our team members are encouraged to engage with residents in such meaningful and supportive ways. It all stems from four core values:
- Compassion: We treat individuals with kindness, empathy and respect.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our actions and results.
- Relationships: We build and maintain positive relationships through common purpose and open communication.
- Excellence: We provide the best possible service and outcomes by going above and beyond to exceed our customers’ expectations.
These guiding principles create a framework for every interaction in our communities, whether it’s with residents and families or team members and corporate staff.
The Benefits of a Career at ASC
At American Senior Communities, we’re also proud to be able to say that our culture of highly engaged team members is a reflection of how we treat each of them. A few of the benefits and perks that help our staff feel appreciated and motivated include:
- Competitive salaries: ASC believes in paying competitive wages to our employees. It’s an approach that helps us attract and maintain highly qualified team members which allows them to maintain a better quality of life.
- Opportunities for advancement: Because we promote from within and have dedicated career tracks, team members are motivated to continue striving for professional growth.
- Great health care plans: For individuals and families alike, having access to quality health care is important. At ASC, our staff can participate in medical, dental and vision programs.
- Tuition assistance: Another meaningful perk is our tuition assistance program. It’s a great way for employees to continue growing their health care or senior living career in an affordable fashion.
- Paid time off (PTO): Because we understand that caring for others is a rewarding but sometimes demanding role, we offer a generous time-off package. Employees can even earn additional PTO.
- Early access to paycheck: To help make it a little easier to budget and pay bills on time, ASC has a program in place that allows team members to access up to 90% of their paycheck early.
- Retirement plans: Another benefit ASC employees enjoy is 401(k) plan options. These allow you to thoughtfully plan for your retirement dreams.
If you think ASC sounds like a good fit for your career goals, we encourage you to learn more by visiting ASCCare.com/careers.