As experts in memory care, American Senior Communities has reimagined person-centered, life-enhancing care in a way that is engaging, yet safe. With COVID-19 VACCINATION rates increasing and local county rates of infection decreasing, It’s Time. It’s time to consider Memory Care for your loved one and you can do so with confidence at American Senior Communities.
Our memory care neighborhoods are operating within the CDC’s recommendations and are following state and federal guidelines. We welcome and support new residents with amenities reimagined to ensure safety and wellbeing along with life enrichment.
- Not only are our Memory Care team members experts in caring for those living with memory challenges, but they are also well-trained healthcare professionals, skilled in the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All housekeeping personnel are educated on infection control practices and cleaning strategies specific to COVID-19. Using many enhanced housekeeping procedures, we provide a clean and sanitized environment.
- Uniquely at ASC, our team includes Infection Preventionists, dedicated to implementing CDC and ISDH guidelines for infection prevention and control, as well as educating and monitoring ASC team members and residents. Their observation and instruction provide continual benefit to our communities.
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI), units are installed in all of our communities’ HVAC systems. With NPBI, an electric charge creates a plasma field, containing a high concentration of positively and negatively charged ions that travel with the air stream. The ions kill pathogens in the air and neutralize odors, resulting in clean, fresh-smelling air and thus, a safer, more comfortable environment.
- High-tech electrostatic spraying systems, state-of-the-art tools used in major hotels, are employed by housekeeping teams to aid in sanitization throughout our communities. These fine-mist sprayers aid in the disinfection of high-touch surfaces like therapy gym equipment and textiles, such as furnishings.
- Auguste’s Cottage is a structured, research-based memory care program. We utilize a person-centered, wellness-based model of care that incorporates stimulating daily activities to sustain independence and promote a healthy spirit. The concept is to focus on maintaining a secure environment where residents have a sense of belonging and meaning each day. Utilizing social distancing and proper PPE, we offer:
- A Meaningful Day activity program that builds on four domains of wellness: intellectual, physical, social/emotional and spiritual.
- An emphasis on holistic and innovative care philosophies utilizing custom music, deep pressure therapy, animatronic pets, light, aromatherapy and Snoezelen.
- A reminiscent and dementia supportive living environment where plants abound, and pets visit often.
- A pathway to memory through music with Auguste’s Cottage Rocks! This unique program utilizes dancing, drumming, singing, musical trivia and healthy movement to music, all to contribute to healthier bodies, more agile brains, and positive emotional states for the residents within our Cottages.
- We take pride in creating a pleasurable dining experience for all of our residents. Our culinary team is extensively educated on enhanced precautions such as social distancing and deep cleaning that allow for the safest dining experience possible.
- In addition to nutritious meals, residents choose from a variety of their favorite snacks and beverages which helps to improve nutrition and hydration and may also brighten their day.
- ASC’s Dining Red program is not just about using red dinnerware, more importantly, it’s about improving nutritional intake for our residents. Studies show that the color cayenne red stimulates appetite. This vibrant color also allows the meal to stand out visually on the plate and that contrast makes it possible for the residents to see their meal better, resulting in improved nutritional intake!
- Helping families feel informed and involved in their loved one’s memory care journey through effective, regular communication is important to us. Care Companions are team members paired with each resident, not only to form deeper, more personal relationships but to also serve as a point of contact for loved ones, sharing updates about the resident’s day. We also offer Cottage Connections, virtual and/or in-person meetings for our families and the community-at-large, to provide information and support each week.
- We understand the importance of visitation for families. If circumstances do not allow for in-person visits, virtual means of communication such as phone calls and computer or tablet visits are easily facilitated by our Auguste’s Cottage team members. Of course, during more relaxed periods of visitation, family members are welcomed and encouraged to visit with their loved ones as frequently as they wish.
It is our goal in each Auguste’s Cottage, to help family members rest easy and feel confident in their decision to entrust their loved ones to our care. It’s time! It’s time to learn more about our reimagined programs at American Senior Communities by visiting ASCCare.com/AC.