Tips for Staying Virtually EngagedOther | June 10, 2020
The residents of American Senior Communities (ASC) have been busy and stayed active during this time, see what we have been up to by following us on Facebook (@AmericanSeniorCare) and Instagram (@ASCCare).
Learn & Explore
- ASC takes wellness a step further by offering THRIVE. THRIVE is more than just amenities and activities, it is a whole-person approach to health and enrichment for our residents. Supported by science and research, the THRIVE curriculum is thoughtfully crafted to provide a balanced variety of activities, events and support that address six dimensions of wellness: Thought, Health, Recreation, Interaction, Vocation and Expression. Learn more about THRIVE.
- Enjoy art from around the world. Many museums and galleries have partnered with Google Arts & Culture to display their collections through virtual tours.
Relax & Rejuvenate
- Your mental health is just as important as your physical health right now. Meditation apps, such as Calm, can help with mood and overall well-being. These can be found on mobile device app stores such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- With closures and limitations for gym and senior exercise programs, seniors are looking for new exercise options. The National Institute on Aging’s Go4Life platform offers online exercise classes specifically for older adults. Their exercise classes include chair workouts, stretches, and tips for stretching and building endurance.
- Make plans for gym or class memberships when restrictions are lifted. ASC offers New Energy Wellness at many locations. Offered to both residents and the community, the New Energy Wellness Program exposes seniors to a series of exercise programs designed to build balance, vigor, and ability in everyday life.
Connect with Us
- At ASC, we pride ourselves on being experts in senior living. The ASC Blog features a wealth of information and resources right at your fingertips. From tips on aging successfully to senior living moving expectations, we’re here to offer helpful information to seniors, caregivers and families. Don’t forget to subscribe for the most recent content!
- Staying committed to healthy eating and nutrition during these uncertain times can be difficult, but the benefits of proper nutrition for seniors range from increased mental capacity and higher energy levels to better resistance to illness and disease. Find all of this and more by subscribing to our blog!
- During these difficult times, we also offer some helpful tips related to social distancing and proper hand-washing.
Need Something Lower Tech?
- Watch TV shows or movies while on the phone with a friend or family member.
- Write a letter to a friend, and ask that they write you back. Now is a great time to re-kindle those pen pals!
- Keep up to date with your local newspaper, community bulletins, and neighborhood programs.