It’s Time – Memory Care Assisted Living ReimaginedAlzheimer's, Dementia & Memory Care, Other | March 15, 2021
As experts in memory care, American Senior Communities has reimagined person-centered, life-enhancing care in a way that is engaging, yet safe. With COVID-19 vaccination rates increasing and local county rates of infection decreasing, It’s Time. It’s time to consider Memory Care for your loved one and you can do so with confidence at American Senior Communities.
Our Memory Care Neighborhoods are operating within the CDC’s COVID-19 recommendations and are following state and federal guidelines. We welcome and support new residents with amenities reimagined to ensure safety and wellbeing along with life enrichment.
- Not only are our Memory Care team members experts in caring for those living with memory challenges, they are also well-trained healthcare professionals, skilled in the proper use of PPE. With state-of-the-art tools such as high-tech electrostatic sprayers and enhanced housekeeping procedures, we provide a clean and sanitized environment.
- Our Memory Care Neighborhoods are structured, research-based memory care programs. We utilize a person-centered, wellness-based model of care that incorporates stimulating daily activities to sustain independence and promote a healthy spirit. The concept is to focus on maintaining a secure environment where residents have a sense of belonging and meaning each and every day. Utilizing social distance and proper PPE, we offer:
- Our Daily Wellness Program builds on four domains of wellness: intellectual, physical, social/emotional and spiritual.
- An emphasis on holistic and innovative care philosophies utilizing custom music, animatronic pets, light therapy, interactive stations, and aroma therapy.
- A reminiscent and dementia supportive living environment where plants abound, and pets visit often.
- We take pride in creating a pleasurable dining experience for all of our residents. Our culinary team is extensively educated on enhanced precautions such as social distancing and deep cleaning that allow for the safest dining experience possible. In addition to nutritious meals, residents choose from a variety of their favorite snacks and beverages which helps to improve nutrition and hydration and may also brighten their day.
- Helping families feel informed and involved in their loved one’s memory care journey through effective communication is important to us. Care Companions not only form deep relationships with their residents, they serve as a point of contact, sharing updates about the resident’s day with love ones.
- If circumstances do not allow for in-person visits, virtual means of communication such as phone calls and computer or tablet visits are easily facilitated by our team members. Of course, during more relaxed periods of visitation, family members are welcomed and encouraged to visit with their loved ones as frequently as they wish.
It is our goal in each of our Memory Care Neighborhoods, to help family members rest easy and feel confident in their decision to entrust their loved one to our care. It’s time! It’s time to learn more about our reimagined programs at American Senior Communities by visiting www.ASCCare.com/mcal.