It’s Time – Senior Care ReimaginedOther | March 19, 2021
As experts in Senior Healthcare, American Senior Communities has reimagined person-centered, life-enhancing care in a way that is engaging, yet safe. With COVID-19 VACCINATION rates increasing and local county rates of infection decreasing, It’s Time. It’s time to consider Long-Term Care for your loved one and you can do so with confidence at American Senior Communities.
Our communities are operating within the CDC’s recommendations and are following state and federal guidelines. We welcome and support new residents with amenities reimagined to ensure safety and wellbeing along with life enrichment.
Not only are our team members experts in caring for Seniors, but they are also well-trained healthcare professionals, skilled in the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All housekeeping personnel are educated on infection control practices and cleaning strategies specific to COVID-19. Using many enhanced housekeeping procedures, we provide a clean and sanitized environment.
- Uniquely at ASC, our team includes Infection Preventionists, dedicated to implementing CDC and ISDH guidelines for infection prevention and control, as well as educating and monitoring ASC team members and residents. Their observation and instruction provide continual benefit to our communities.
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI), units are installed in all of our communities’ HVAC systems. With NPBI, an electric charge creates a plasma field, containing a high concentration of positively and negatively charged ions that travel with the air stream. The ions kill pathogens in the air and neutralize odors, resulting in clean, fresh-smelling air and thus, a safer, more comfortable environment.
- High-tech electrostatic spraying systems, state-of-the-art tools used in major hotels, are employed by housekeeping teams to aid in sanitization throughout our communities. These fine-mist sprayers aid in the disinfection of high-touch surfaces like therapy gym equipment and textiles, such as furnishings.
Our CARE Companion Program, unique to ASC, fosters personal relationships and close friendships between our residents and their CARE Companions, team members matched with each resident to provide companionship and support.
- CARE Companions realize our mission of caring by connecting with each resident as an individual through daily, meaningful contact which focuses on social wellness, friendship, advocacy and comfort.
- CARE Companions serve as an advocate for their residents, ensuring their needs and desires are attended to.
- CARE Companions regularly make contact with resident loved ones, providing anecdotes and updates regarding their resident.
We take pride in creating a pleasurable dining experience for all of our residents. Our culinary team is extensively educated on enhanced precautions such as social distancing and deep cleaning that allow for the safest dining experience possible. In addition to nutritious meals, residents choose from a variety of their favorite snacks and beverages which helps to improve nutrition and hydration and may also brighten their day.
Activities have been reimagined to ensure resident safety. Utilizing social distancing and proper PPE, we offer a variety of activities providing socialization, a sense of belonging and meaning each day.
Helping families feel informed and involved in their loved one’s memory care journey through effective, regular communication is important to us. Care Companions also serve as a point of contact for loved ones, sharing regular updates about the resident’s activities and interactions as well as events within the community.
We understand the importance of visitation for families. If circumstances do not allow for in-person visits, virtual means of communication such as phone calls and computer or tablet visits are easily facilitated by our team members. Of course, during more relaxed periods of visitation, family members are welcomed and encouraged to visit with their loved ones as frequently as they wish.
It is our goal in each of our communities, to help family members rest easy and feel confident in their decision to entrust their loved one to our care. It’s time! To learn more about our Long-Term Care communities, click here.