American Senior Communities became the first senior living company in Indiana to offer immersive, virtual reality experiences custom-made for seniors by partnering with MyndVR. The technology is not only fun, it promotes resident engagement and wellness.
The technology uses VR (virtual reality) to recreate environments through a combination of software and lightweight, comfortable headsets tailored to seniors. Because of the interactivity and sensory-rich environment, users feel as if they are truly in a different place, world and even reality. Users can engage in an array of content including learning, travel, art, music and nature. Our residents can visit foreign cities or revisit where they used to call home. They can visit veterans memorials, tour an aircraft carrier or even skydive!
Over thirty years of research shows that this immersive technology can be effectively utilized as a component of protocolized treatments for older adults, providing a vast array of health and wellness benefits including the technology induces and maintains a positive emotional state and can even reduce the perception of pain as a distraction technique.
American Senior Communities offers this technology at a variety of locations including:
- Allisonville Meadows in Fishers, IN
- Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living in Fishers, IN
- American Village in Indianapolis, IN
- Aster Place in Lafayette, IN
- Beech Grove Meadows in Beech Grove, IN
- Brownsburg Meadows in Brownsburg, IN
- Brownsburg Meadows Assisted Living in Brownsburg, IN
- Coventry Meadows in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Coventry Meadows Assisted Living in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Eagle Valley Meadows in Indianapolis, IN
- Elkhart Meadows in Elkhart, IN
- Heritage Park in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Meadow Lakes in Mooresville, IN
- Riverview Village in Clarksville, IN
- Rosegate Village in Indianapolis, IN
- Rosegate Commons in Indianapolis, IN
- Rosewalk Indy in Indianapolis, IN
- The Commons at Honey Creek in Terre Haute, IN
- Timbers of Jasper in Jasper, IN
- Valparaiso in Valparaiso, IN
- Zionsville Meadows in Zionsville, IN
With America’s life expectancy increasing and the 65-and-over population projected to nearly double over the next three decades, the growth of age-related diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other related dementias is staggering and straining family and healthcare resources. Prescription medications and other treatment options that are commonly used can have associated risks and are often ineffective. MyndVR addresses the dire need for innovative therapies to prevent, treat and manage such age-related conditions through their portfolio of digital therapeutics. Used independently or in concert with medications, devices or other therapies, the platform is not only entertaining, but it optimizes patient care and health outcomes physically, and cognitively.
“ASC is very intentional in choosing partnerships that allow us to leverage innovation and technology to enrich the lives of the residents we are honored to serve,” said Janean Kinzie, VP of Life Enrichment and Social Wellness. “We are truly excited to be partnering with MyndVR who is very much aligned with our mission to serve each customer with quality care and excellence.”
To learn more about American Senior Communities and their lifestyle and care options, visit ASCCare.com.