American Senior Communities became the first senior living company in Indiana to offer immersive, virtual reality experiences custom-made for seniors by partnering with Mynd Immersive. The technology is not only fun, it promotes resident engagement and wellness.
The technology uses VR (virtual reality) to recreate environments through a combination of software and lightweight, comfortable headsets tailored to seniors. Because of the interactivity and sensory-rich environment, users feel as if they are truly in a different place, world and even reality. Users can engage in an array of content including learning, travel, art, music and nature. Our residents can visit foreign cities or revisit where they used to call home. They can visit veterans memorials, tour an aircraft carrier or even skydive!
Research shows that this immersive technology has overwhelmingly positive effects on seniors’ emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual health. ASC staff and Activity Directors at many of our communities offer the Mynd Immersive headsets and platform to supplement daily activities and therapies. ASC even participated in a large-scale study by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Indiana Department of Health, which found that the technology reduced feelings of isolation and increased socialization by over 88%.
American Senior Communities offers this technology at a variety of locations including:
- Allisonville Meadows in Fishers, IN
- Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living in Fishers, IN
- American Village in Indianapolis, IN
- Aster Place in Lafayette, IN
- Beech Grove Meadows in Beech Grove, IN
- Brownsburg Meadows in Brownsburg, IN
- Brownsburg Meadows Assisted Living in Brownsburg, IN
- Coventry Meadows in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Coventry Meadows Assisted Living in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Eagle Valley Meadows in Indianapolis, IN
- Elkhart Meadows in Elkhart, IN
- Heritage Park in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Meadow Lakes in Mooresville, IN
- Riverview Village in Clarksville, IN
- Rosegate Village in Indianapolis, IN
- Rosegate Commons in Indianapolis, IN
- Rosewalk Indy in Indianapolis, IN
- The Commons at Honey Creek in Terre Haute, IN
- Timbers of Jasper in Jasper, IN
- Valparaiso in Valparaiso, IN
- Zionsville Meadows in Zionsville, IN
With America’s life expectancy increasing and the 65-and-older population projected to nearly double over the next three decades, the growth of age-related diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other related dementia continues to be exceedingly challenging for families and healthcare providers. While medication can be an effective part of a treatment plan, it is our wellness philosophy to explore other holistic treatments whenever possible. Mynd Immersive is one such treatment that has demonstrated significant benefits for our staff and residents.
In the News
- ASC Partners with Mynd Immersive on CMS Funded Study on Immersive Technologies
- WXIN Fox 59 – Jeanean Kinzie Talking About VR Technologies for Seniors
- Great Day TV – Host Patty Spitler Experiences Mynd Immersive Technology
“ASC is very intentional in choosing partnerships that allow us to leverage innovation and technology to enrich the lives of the residents we are honored to serve,” said Janean Kinzie, VP of Life Enrichment and Social Wellness. “We are truly excited to be partnering with Mynd Immersive who is very much aligned with our mission to serve each customer with quality care and excellence.”
To learn more about American Senior Communities and their lifestyle and care options, visit ASCCare.com.